5 Tips to Review When Shopping for Payday Loans.
Payday loans can be expensive. It’s imperative to shop and compare loans before you make your decision. When shopping for a personal loan be sure to compare the advertised credit offers and the lender reputations. Here are a few tips provided by the Federal Trade Commission.
- It seems obvious, but be sure to look for the credit offers with the lowest cost. Locate the APR and any additional finance charges to determine the best deal.
- Some local community-organizations may offer small personal loans or a credit card may offer a cash advance that may meet your needs. Review the terms before you decide; some sources of funds may have a higher interest rate than others.
- If you are having trouble making a payment, contact your creditor or loan servicer as-quickly-as possible and ask for more time. They may offer an extension on your bills. There may be additional finance charges involved, ask for a complete list of charges are for that service.
- Create a budget that includes your daily and monthly expenses. Avoid any unnecessary purchases in order to build a savings. A savings plan can help you avoid borrowing for an emergency; if not reduce the amount you may need to borrow.
- Some banks offer overdraft protection on checking accounts. Bounce protections might cover individual overdrafts from electronic withdrawals or checks for a fee. Ask your bank about their policy and details on overdraft and bounce protection.
FTC - Online Payday Loans
Bonfiday Personal Loan Table Footnotes
The above personal loan information is provided to, or obtained by, Bonfiday. Lenders provide their personal loan information to Bonfiday for advertising purposes. Each Advertiser is responsible for the accuracy and availability of its own advertised terms, rates and conditions. Bonfiday cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any loan shown above.
1 Advertisers may have different loan terms on their own website from those advertised on Bonfiday.com.
2 Advertisers may have different loan rates on their own website from those advertised on Bonfiday.com. Your actual APR will depend upon your credit transaction, your credit history and will be determined when a credit decision is made.
3 Total Costs and Monthly Payments are provided as estimates based on APR, Term and Loan Amount. Total Costs and Payments will be greater if taxes and additional fees are not included in the advertiser's APR rates. Check with the advertiser for a more accurate total cost estimate.